Sunday, December 2, 2007

It Finally Happened

I finally got started, Thank you Naomi and Carolyn for your help. I have officially entered the 20th century. Let me tell you all that I have been up to.... changing diapers. No really Bailey (my sweet 2 year old) is working on being potty trained. In potty training this girl she has broke herself from sucking on a pacifier. I know that you are wondering what the two have anything to do with one another. There we were in the bathroom. Bailey sitting on the big potty with one sassy (pacifier) in one hand and a sassy in her mouth. She was looking down into the potty and dropped her sassy in the potty. I fished it out (because I am wonder woman) and threw it in the garbage. I said, " I'm sorry Bay. I had to throw it away, because you dropped it in the potty." In my mind I was thinking "Sweet only 1 more left and we will be sassy free." She looked in the potty again and her sassy fell out of her mouth and into the potty. She said, "Don't worry Mom I'll just dry this one." "Oh no Bailey this is going in the garbage too." I said. That happened before Thanksgiving. Although I thought that she would be potty trained by then, she was not. She is broke from her blessed "sassy". She still talks about it, asks for it. I will remind her in a soft voice that we had to put them in the garbage. She is doing well and sleeps through the night. Thank goodness. Maybe some day soon she will be done with her pull ups. Pray for me.

7 comments:

Naomi said...

Yee-haw, girl. You are off and running! I can't wait to see what your cute family is up to.

Have a great week!!

Naomi said...

(Actually Kevin)

That is too cute! Well done Mom! Bailey is growing right up. I can just imagine the wheels turning in her head when the 2nd one hit the potty. Naomi and I are praying for the day that baby J is free from the binky. Not ready for that battle yet.

Kristen said...

Welcome to the world of BLOGS. Good job! And I am proud to say I was there when the sassy thing happened. OH YEAH!

Carolyn said...

Hey that is wonderful!

You sure have alot to say for a first time blogger I guess I had better get busy and get mine updated

I'll talk to you soon

amanda said...

Mary! Welcome to the world of blogging! How fun to see pics of you and your kids! Hope you don't mind if I add you to my "friendly bloggers" list. Now we just need to convert Deanna...

Kristin said...

Hi Mary!

I hope you don't mind but we had to check out your blog...we linked to it from Na's. How fun to hear about your cute family.

Happy New Year!

Love,

Kris and Tyler Johnson
http://www.springdellgirl.blogspot.com

Kelly Boyle said...

Hey Mary,
I saw you through Amanda's blog. I hope you don't mind that I also add you to my friends blog. We were able to have Paula and her family at our house (McGivens) for Christmas. It was a lot of fun to see her. You look well. I just had a baby in August and her name is Baylee as well. Take care and see you in the blogging world hopefully.
Love Kelly Boyle (McGiven)