Friday, October 28, 2011

Just a little note to catch you up

Ok so it has been a few years...So let me attempt to catch up. Last year I got pregnant with my third child. Sophie Reese. She is now 7 1/2 months old. Since the birth of Sophie I decided that instead of waiting to loose the weight, I needed to get the weight off. Before I got pregnant with Sophie I was training for a mini triathlon (1/3 mile swim, 12 mile bike and 5k). Bailey was now 5 yrs old. I wasn't sure if we were going to try again for baby number 3. When Bailey was 2 I had a miscarriage. It was extremely difficult on my husband and I. We weren't sure if we had it in us for a third. After years we were finally ready to try again. I wasn't sure how long it would take to get pregnant so we started trying while I was training. It only took a month so needless to say I was not able to compete in the triathlon. So now a year and four months later I am not exactly ready for a triathlon but I have run in my first 10k. I was nervous. I had run 6.2 miles a few days before so I knew that I could physically finish it. I was praying that I was mentally prepared for my journey. When you are in the middle of a run there are a couple of things that need to be in place. Your breathing needs to be just right. Your mind clear and ready to conquer the task at hand.

No comments: